Applying to The Clowes Fund Online
- Review the geographic funding priorities of Indianapolis, New England and Seattle.
- Download and read the guidelines (PDF) to determine eligibility and instructions for either a Preliminary Proposal or a Final Proposal.
If your organization has not received a competitive grant from the Fund within the past five years (2013-2017), you must submit a Preliminary Proposal for consideration.
If your organization has received a competitive grant within the past five years, you may skip the Preliminary Proposal phase, but you should seek guidance from Fund staff before submitting a Final Proposal. Guidelines are updated and released each fall. Visit the FAQ page for additional information on our application and grantmaking processes.
- Use only the eGrant system to submit your request online.
- If this is your organization's first Clowes Fund eGrant submission, then you must register your organization with eGrant. Log in using a username and password of your own choosing. If your organization has previously submitted a Clowes Fund application via eGrant, then use your organization's existing login credentials. Registration is for a specific organization, not for an individual. Be sure to save and file your username and password for future access!
- When you have logged in to eGrant, you are ready to begin the application process. Click on "Opportunities" and select the current year application option (on the left blue menu bar).
- Enter the requested data; update any previously saved data retained from year to year. Be sure to provide the required attachments--including the narrative--instructions for which can be found in the guidelines.
- You can save the application and return to the eGrant website to finish it at a later time.
- Preliminary Proposals were due November 1, 2017. Final Proposals will be due by February 1, 2018. The eGrant portal will open again in mid-December. Staff technical support for eGrant will be available until 6 p.m. (Eastern) on February 1 by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 800-943-7209 or 317-833-0144.