If you have received a grant from the Fund in the past five years (2008-2012), you are not required to submit a Preliminary Proposal; however, you should contact our staff for guidance before you invest in the development of a Final Proposal. We recommend a brief summary of intent sent by e-mail well in advance of the proposal deadline.
A successful Final Proposal is likely to have the following characteristics:
The proposal aligns closely with one or more of the Fund's stated priorities and with the organization's strategic plan.
It presents a compelling case by thoughtfully and succinctly answering each of the narrative questions
The timing and frequency of the request, the type of grant and the amount requested are appropriate.
The organization has demonstrated good stewardship of previous grants by providing timely final reports (financial and narrative), and through candid communications with Fund staff.
A complete Final Proposal consists of the application, narrative and other required attachments, listed below, which must be submitted online by February 1st.
- An organizational budget for the fiscal year(s) relevant to the grant period.
- A detailed project or program budget; include proposed use of the Fund's grant. (Note: Post grant, you will be required to report actual versus budget figures including use of the Fund’s grant.)
- Board roster with professional affiliations.
- Final or status report, unless one has been submitted within six months of the proposal deadline (i.e. since Aug. 1, 2012) for any prior Clowes Fund grant. (Access Self-Evaluation Form.)
- If applicable, fiscal sponsor grant application form, operating budget and signed letter of agreement or Memorandum of Understanding. (Refer to fiscal sponsor policy.)
Read more about the Final Proposal narrative.